Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jethro[_5_] Jethro[_5_] is offline

Default New streetlamps

local council have decided they need to replace and resite streetlamps in
our ward ... looking out I can see a few rings of plastic barriers around
some holes.

Looks like they are moving them back from the kerb to the property
boundary. And we're getting a couple on new ones too.

The old lamps were metal ... so are the new ones. Personally I would have
thought they could have sold the old ones for a vast profit (given the
prices of scrap metal) and then replaced with pre-cast concrete ones.

I wonder of any enterprising metal thieves have turned up in someones
road in hi-vis jackets, and removed all the streetlamps ? I'd guess they
weigh at least 100Kg a piece, so 10 is a tonne ...