Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Are you poor?

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 22:40:29 -0700, Bill
wrote:

On 2011-09-14, Steve wrote:
I guess I am. I do not have some of the things mentioned here that some
"poor" people have ...........

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/09...says-most.html

I guess if I just gave more of my income in taxes...........

My guess would be that you have cable TV, air conditioning, computers,
but no video game system. Right or wrong?

Correct. I play 888 poker occasionally, and have $512,000 now, but only in
play dollars. As for game systems, I just don't have the time. I do play
pool from 15-60 minutes daily, though. Regulation table. And I'm not going
to pay what they want for a game system or those games. I'll buy more beer
brewing equipment or tools or materials.

Steve

very odd. I don't have AC, I don't have cable TV, I don't have a wide
screen TV, so I must be poor - the fact that I don't actually want these
things, or that I don't feel that they are worth the cost seems to not
matter? or is the heritage foundation saying that the poor really
aren't poor?

Same here. TV comes in via antenna to an elderly 21" CRT tv

I do have a stereo ($10 at a second hand store) DVD player ($5) VCR ($5)
TV in the bedroom (antenna), 3 computers, 2 laptops, no video games, no
games on my computer(s)

The last time I turned on a TV was...Friday IRRC. Stereo (FM) has been
running most of the time since.

Ive got a couple radios out in the shop.

I do have a swamp cooler. But I live in the desert. Thank Crom its
starting to cool off a little.

So Im poor as hell!

VBG

Gunner

--
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry
capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.