Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Kennedy touch up paint - follow up

"Bruce Bergman" wrote in message

Or I have to strip it to bare metal and start over with a water based
paint system. And I really don't want to do that when it just needs a
freshening-up.

Suggest do a bit more research before taking that plunge...last time I
checked, pretty much all of the "magic mirror" colors were still readily
available in acrylic lacquer at least on ebay but you do need to get the
paint code off of your vin tag if your looking to get an exact match...and
since acrylic lacquer is about as forgiving a finish you could wish for and
so unless you are a terrible painter basically you can just about re-paint a
60's chevy outside in a dust storm with it and still get pretty damned good
results.