Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill[_42_] Bill[_42_] is offline

Default Are you poor?

On 9/13/2011 10:01 PM, Steve B wrote:
lid wrote in message
On 2011-09-14, Steve wrote:
I guess I am. I do not have some of the things mentioned here that some
"poor" people have ...........

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/09...says-most.html

I guess if I just gave more of my income in taxes...........

My guess would be that you have cable TV, air conditioning, computers,
but no video game system. Right or wrong?

Correct. I play 888 poker occasionally, and have $512,000 now, but only in
play dollars. As for game systems, I just don't have the time. I do play
pool from 15-60 minutes daily, though. Regulation table. And I'm not going
to pay what they want for a game system or those games. I'll buy more beer
brewing equipment or tools or materials.

Steve

very odd. I don't have AC, I don't have cable TV, I don't have a wide
screen TV, so I must be poor - the fact that I don't actually want these
things, or that I don't feel that they are worth the cost seems to not
matter? or is the heritage foundation saying that the poor really
aren't poor?