Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce Bergman Bruce Bergman is offline

Default Kennedy touch up paint - follow up

Send it to California, or worse L.A. County or the South Coast AQMD area, and now any paint you order has to be water-based and/or Ultra LOW VOC - half the stuff out there, we can't get.

I'm going to have to drive my Corvair out of state to get it painted, even though all it needs is spot-patch and touch up and a good top coat or two - because you simply can't get Acrylic Lacquer anywhere in California anymore. They won't even put it in a booth and shoot it if you bring the supplies.

Or I have to strip it to bare metal and start over with a water based paint system. And I really don't want to do that when it just needs a freshening-up.