Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gasoline engine driven chain saw recommendation

On Sep 13, 7:12*pm, Woody wrote:
On 9/13/2011 5:49 PM, Pointer wrote:

Need a gasoline engine driven chain saw around 22-24 inches. Any first
hand recommendations?

Thanks

I now use what most professional tree services use, a Stihl.

www.stihlusa.com

I used to buy the junk saws at the big box home centers but none of them
ever lasted too long. All were hard to start and they didn't run worth a
damn either.

My Stihl on the other hand, runs like a raped ape and cuts through logs
like an angry beaver.

I have a Stihl 031AV that's closing in on 40 years old now.
I just use it for occasional work around the house, so it
hasn't seen a lot of rough use, but it still works like new.