Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone have experience with Element Electronics? 40 inch Monitor?

On Sep 13, 1:50*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 07:27:33 -0700 (PDT), Robert Macy

wrote:
Anyone have experience with the 40 inch screen from Element
Electronics?

ELGFT401, or such

I can't seem to find much about this company. *Where made?
Reliability?

Regards,
Robert

OK, it took Google .13 seconds to spit out the important information.
Made in China, sold by Walmart. *IOW, garbage. *No schematics or
service manual available. *Likely causes of failures include cheap
caps in the power supply, bad solder job on the circuit boards, and
failing LDO regulators. *

PlainBill

Thank you for your reply. Given made in China, your assertions
regarding reliability are probably correct.

I did the 'google' search. all I got was the company is in
Minneapolis, MN; names of officers;the company salutes "made in
america" products; sells through Walmart; had 32 BBB complaints
against it; and probably went bankrupt July, 2011.

but couldn't find out a single insight into 'reliability'

Regards,
Robert