Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 400 Hz

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I have an old Yamaha 2600 watt generator. When I bought it years ago it
was awesome. I was even able to run my compressor off of it in a pinch.
It was clean too. Computers TVs. No issue. I haven't fired it up in
several years, but last year we had a power failure at the house for 3/4
day, and I tried to run our fridge off of it, The fridge never started.
It ran lights just fine. and I was able to run my table saw or my band
saw, but they just didn't sound right. I pulled out my old Radio Shack
meter flipped it to frequency mode and checked it. Yep 400 hz. This
meter very reliabley shows household 110 at 59-60 so I know its not out in
left field.

Where do I start looking to fix the generator?

Well, I took you guys at the guess that the generator just wasn't generating
very clean power anymore, and plugged in the fridge in my shop during the
recent southwest power debacle. Then I moved the all the soft groceries out
of the house fridge with its fancy computer displays and controls. The
fridge in the shop started up and ran just fine for the duration of the
outage.