Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Float Chargers

I considered using the HF float on a lamp timer, about two
hours a day. Well, I guess it's still over charge, two hours
a day instead of twenty four.

Yours is probably a much better quality device.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bob F"
wrote in message ...

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I had a marine battery, years ago. Kept on a Harbor
Freight
float charger. when I next checked, it needed 1 1/2 quarts
of distilled, and never held a charge again. But, I saved
five bucks on the charger. Whoopee.

Now I've heard more than one such story. I'm sure it depends
on the design of
the charger, so "float charger" may not be enough
information.

I've got a 6 amp marine/deep cycle charger with an automatic
mode. It cycles on
for a few seconds, then off for a minute or so. I don't know
if that's a better
system.