Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Spray on foam

wrote the following:
On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 01:41:05 -0400, willshak
wrote:

Steve B wrote the following:
Anyone know how much they charge per square foot to come shoot that liquid
foam onto the underside of a metal roof? The two element foam that expands
and then hardens. About 1,100 square feet.

Steve

It depends upon the economy where you live. Ask around.
Spraying it between wall studs requires an extra step of sawing it flush
with the face of the studs so that wallboard can be nailed to the studs.
Do you need that step?

AN experienced installer can make the "sawing" a virtually
non-existant step.

Even an inexperienced installer, like me, can do the same. Just don't
fill the space with enough foam to blossom out to the faces of the
studs. I've seen a lot of home improvement shows where those
'experienced' foam installers have to saw the excess off.
What's the point if you don't fill the spaces to the maximum?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY