Posted to alt.home.repair
MMark MMark is offline

Default Minwax: fluke or just "lucky"

Thanks for the reply...

On Sep 12, 1:28*pm, chaniarts wrote:
It's a royal pain to correct. *Seems to me that you pretty much have
to sand back down to wood and start over with the staining.

fine steel wool

Fine steel wool? Really? Does that just take off the finish without
doing too much damage to the stain?

Would not have thought of that...

Was I just unlucky to get mislabeled product from them twice (not
sequentially)? *Should I always do a couple of test runs on scrap wood
and expect a couple return trips to the hardware store first?

what did minwax say when you called them using the 800 # on the can?

Just sent them a note on their website; haven't heard back yet.