Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Installing flat screen TV over gas fireplace - power and cable questions

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 07:30:43 -0400, George
wrote:

As Ed suggested why not a stand? Flat panels are pretty thin. Its not
like trying to accommodate a huge CRT TV.

As I said, there's just no room - without arranging furniture in a way
that would cause more problems.
It's not the big room many have as a living room.
That why the entertainment center was on that wall. To hold the TV.
Don't get me wrong. I don't think we'll put a TV over that fireplace.
We've got 3 of the things in other rooms.

One of the main reasons for keeping it below horizontal line of site is
that human eyes don't wet properly when looking at a higher angle.

Good to know. I'll use that.

--Vic