Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Installing flat screen TV over gas fireplace - power and cable questions

AngryOldWhiteGuy wrote:
I'm OK with how to wall mount a flat screen TV - this one will be
mounted on a wall over the gas fireplace - it's a small fireplace
with an insert for the firebox and a metal flue - not a traditional
all brick fireplace - what I'm wondering about is how to hide the
power and cable lines behind the wall - the current cable line comes
in through the outside wall about 5 - 6 feet over from where I wanna
mount the new TV - that's where the current wall socket power outlet
is, too. I can't see getting over horizontally from the current
locations to the new TV - I'd have to cross through the vertical
studs behind the sheetrock.
Any ideas, besides calling a professional?

I'd use a 6' flex drill bit.