Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default ALDI

On 2011-09-11, Andy Champ wrote:
On 10/09/2011 22:23, Steve Walker wrote:
Am I glad that I was unconscious when they shoved a scope down my
throat! I think that they only knowcked my out 'cos they also wanted to
cut a hole in my chest and shove the scope in there too!

IIRC they knock you out to suppress the gag / cough reflexes,

You remember wrong. I've had 2 gastric endoscopies so far, both while
fully conscious.

It's very unpleasant.

Same here, but the only unoleasant part was a delay with one so the spray
had started to wear off. With the first one, I couldn't swallow the smallest
'scope; /I/ had to suggest going up a size and that worked OK. Might be due
to so many decades of eating a lot and getting the food down as fast as I
could. Did end up with a sore throat for a few hours each time - don't know
how that happened.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away