Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Installing flat screen TV over gas fireplace - power and cablequestions

On 9/11/2011 9:57 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

AngryOldWhiteGuy wrote:
I'm OK with how to wall mount a flat screen TV - this one will be
mounted on
a wall over the gas fireplace - it's a small fireplace with an insert for
the firebox and a metal flue - not a traditional all brick fireplace -
what
I'm wondering about is how to hide the power and cable lines behind the
wall - the current cable line comes in through the outside wall about
5 - 6
feet over from where I wanna mount the new TV - that's where the current
wall socket power outlet is, too. I can't see getting over horizontally
from the current locations to the new TV - I'd have to cross through the
vertical studs behind the sheetrock.

Any ideas, besides calling a professional?

Thanks!

Hmmm.
I don't understand mounting TV high. Best watching TV position is when
viewed little lower than eye level.

The TV in this room is on a stand around 50" high. Any lower, and I
couldn't see it over the other computer monitor on the desk sitting at
right angles to this one.

--
aem sends...