Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Installing flat screen TV over gas fireplace - power and cablequestions

On 9/11/2011 9:01 PM, AngryOldWhiteGuy wrote:
I'm OK with how to wall mount a flat screen TV - this one will be mounted on
a wall over the gas fireplace - it's a small fireplace with an insert for
the firebox and a metal flue - not a traditional all brick fireplace - what
I'm wondering about is how to hide the power and cable lines behind the
wall - the current cable line comes in through the outside wall about 5 - 6
feet over from where I wanna mount the new TV - that's where the current
wall socket power outlet is, too. I can't see getting over horizontally
from the current locations to the new TV - I'd have to cross through the
vertical studs behind the sheetrock.

Any ideas, besides calling a professional?

Thanks!

You need to get a game plan . You have to run a cable for power to a
location behind the tv, but in many cases the coax cable goes to your
cable box not directly to the tv. Depending upon your setup, you'd run
HDMI, composite, or component cables from your cable box, dvd, vcr, dvr,
etc. to the TV