Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Installing flat screen TV over gas fireplace - power and cable questions

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 20:01:42 -0500, "AngryOldWhiteGuy"
wrote:

I'm OK with how to wall mount a flat screen TV - this one will be mounted on
a wall over the gas fireplace - it's a small fireplace with an insert for
the firebox and a metal flue - not a traditional all brick fireplace - what
I'm wondering about is how to hide the power and cable lines behind the
wall - the current cable line comes in through the outside wall about 5 - 6
feet over from where I wanna mount the new TV - that's where the current
wall socket power outlet is, too. I can't see getting over horizontally
from the current locations to the new TV - I'd have to cross through the
vertical studs behind the sheetrock.

Any ideas, besides calling a professional?

Thanks!

Google video wall cable cover.

If that doesn't work for you, you can notch the studs to run your
power and cable, and patch over the notches.
The multi-tool always talked about here would shine at that.
Just make sure you get between drywall screws.

--Vic