Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Where to get shelf hooks like this?

"George" wrote in message
On 9/11/2011 1:54 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 08:16:08 -0400,
wrote:

Exactly, thats why they used substantial material and then heat treat
and temper it so it can't "unroll".

I'd bet any amount those components were not heat treated.

There isn't anything exotic or expensive about heat treating and it gives
a good result using lighter gauge spring steel. They do include this in
the description:

"Made from hardened galvanized spring steel rod,"

Of course it might be fun for the whole family (and they could save $20
too) to build hangers from cold formed wire as suggested by Heybub. For
example the family could share priceless moments digging grandma or one of
their kids out from underneath the debris when the hangers failed.

I, too, was dubious of Heybub's claim. So, I wrote an e mail to the
website, don't know if I will hear anything from them. Heat treating these
would have a minimal cost, and immense liability protection. I'm sure if
they were pieces of garbage that we might have heard of them before now, or
there would be some trace of litigation on the Internet.

Steve