Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default The nuts are becoming dominant

"Mark Zacharias" wrote in
.com:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
4...
Jeff Liebermann wrote in
:

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 05:27:33 -0500, Jeffrey Angus
wrote:

On 9/9/2011 10:42 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
I'm not so sure. I had the greatest respect for some usenet
luminaries, until I met them in person. It's difficult to get a
good picture of even regular posters.

I wasn't that bad was I?
Jeff-1.0

Well, I had the advantage of hearing you talk on the air, so my
initial impression was fairly accurate. People write very
differently than they talk. It's far too easy to misinterpret
someones writing. It's less difficult after you talk with them.
Other times, it's differences in culture. For example, I don't get
along too well with the tatoo and piercing people, even if they are
intelligent. My problem, not theirs.

Perception is everything.

IMO,tattoos and piercings indicate poor judgement.
also a propensity to waste money.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Never liked tattoos etc. I think it's a prejudice going back to my
fathers' disdain for them. On the other hand, my (Marine) son has
several tats, in part I think to tweak me...

Mark Z.

it irks and saddens me to see young women with beautiful clear skin,with a
dark,ugly tat marring it.
from any distance all tats look like skin cancers.
I've seen few tats that improve the appearance of any woman,or that I'd
consider attractive.

Your son's tats aren't to tweak you,they are to establish his "difference"
WRT other people. they are for attention,nothing else.

Plus,many tats are gotten because "everyone else is doing it".
(the WORST reason for doing anything...)

the only good thing I can say about tattoos are that they make
identification of dead bodies easier.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik