Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default band saw blade keeps flying off

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 16:15:25 -0400, Doug Houseman
wrote:

Gentle persons -

I bought a floor model Jet 14 inch bandsaw from Lowe's. I downloaded the
manual off the website and followed the directions for setting up the
saw. When I turn it on, the blade comes off within seconds, I have tried
more tension and less tension. I have tightened all the bolts. I checked
that the tires are aligned on the wheels.

What other things can I try, is there a good book on the subject.
Basically ---- HELP!!!!

I want to thank you all in advance, I enjoy my reading of this group and
the help you provide. I have archived dozens of threads on topics that I
refer to when I work in the shop.

"Tracking the Blade.

When your saw is tracking correctly, the blade runs on the middle of
the wheels. Adjust the tracking by tilting the top wheel in relation
to the bottom wheels. A knob behind the upper wheel housing controls
this adjustment. Spin the saw by hand and adjust the tracking control
until the blade is running in the middle of the wheel. Lock the
control in this position. Replace the cover and plug in the saw. Check
the tracking by bumping the switch on an off to check the tracking.
The blade should maintain its position. Repeat this several times
before running the saw at full speed."

http://www.americanfurnituredsgn.com...20Dec%2003.htm
--
Jack Novak