Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Ijames Carl Ijames is offline

Default Spray on foam for a roof

That's about 1/3rd the cost just to buy the spray foam to diy!

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in message
. 3.70...

A google search for spray foam insulation will turn up a list of
companies selling the stuff, there are some options for slow rise (for
filling walls), fire retardant, and I saw one anti-microbial. For the
standard stuff prices seem to be $565-600 for a kit to do 600 board
feet (600 square feet one inch thick, about R6). I checked on this a
few years ago when I was thinking of doing the "ceiling" of my
crawlspace and the prices were exactly the same but the crash put
those kinds of spending plans on hold, sigh, so I can't recommend a
particular vendor. FWIW, www.tigerfoam.com seems to have decent

I called a local insulation company about six months ago to request a
price on spray-on insulating my crawl space. They said if it was "clear
and unimpeded", they could insulate to R19 for $1.00-$1.35 per square
foot (based on actual material utilization). I even asked about the
clearance (22"), and they said that was not an impediment.

When I think about how hard I work to hang insulation, and how nasty job
it is, that seems pretty inexpensive.

LLoyd