Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default ALDI

On 2011-09-11, polygonum wrote:
On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 19:11:33 +0100, Andy Champ
wrote:

On 11/09/2011 16:58, polygonum wrote:
I had mine without sedation - just an anaesthetic spray/swallow down
the
throat. It was entirely optional whether to have sedation.

The report, sent to my GP, said "Strong gag reflex". And that is how I
remember it - definitely glad I had an empty stomach - and so were
they.
:-)

Several uncontrollable heaves when it was well down towards my
stomach,
and the rest was fine. And quite a lot of burping afterwards as they
pump air into the stomach.

I would do the same again - but ask for more spray.

On 11/09/2011 17:39, Huge wrote:
You remember wrong. I've had 2 gastric endoscopies so far, both
while
fully conscious.

It's very unpleasant.

In this case I bow to your superior knowledge. Mine was hearsay; may
it
remain so.

Andy

Actually what ****es me off about it was not the endoscopy experience
itself.

It was a bit tiresome that all the medicos said it was no big deal,
beforehand,
then admitted it's very unpleasant.

But that they still have no idea why I keep feeling so nauseous.

Fancy swapping your nausea for my gastritis for a while?

What are you on? Buccastem or similar?

Think I'll pass on swapsies. You been checked for parietal cell
antibodies? B12 levels? And, dare I say it, thyroid?

Yep. Liquid cosh in larger doses. :-)

Did try something else but it did absolutely nothing to help.

--
Rod