Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ALDI

On 11/09/2011 20:25, tony sayer wrote:
In et.uk, Andy Champ
scribeth thus
On 11/09/2011 16:58, polygonum wrote:
I had mine without sedation - just an anaesthetic spray/swallow down the
throat. It was entirely optional whether to have sedation.

The report, sent to my GP, said "Strong gag reflex". And that is how I
remember it - definitely glad I had an empty stomach - and so were they.
:-)

Several uncontrollable heaves when it was well down towards my stomach,
and the rest was fine. And quite a lot of burping afterwards as they
pump air into the stomach.

I would do the same again - but ask for more spray.

On 11/09/2011 17:39, Huge wrote:
You remember wrong. I've had 2 gastric endoscopies so far, both while
fully conscious.

It's very unpleasant.

In this case I bow to your superior knowledge. Mine was hearsay; may it
remain so.

Andy

Excellent reading on all aspects of endoscopy here...

I don't need to - my wife used to be an endoscopy nurse, I've heard
enough about it!

SteveW