Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Any spray foam that can expand / cure in a closed bag?

On Sep 10, 9:13*pm, Home Guy wrote:
DD_BobK wrote:
Somebody at work just told me about this stuff, I'd never heard of
it. *Totally new to me.

http://www.ivexpackaging.com/movie.php

Ivex Flaskpac.

Yea, that's what I was thinking about. *I've seen that sort of packaging
material at work (we've received stuff that was packed using either
exactly that product, or something that worked exactly the same way).

If you notice, that is a 2-part expanding foam product. *It's just a
self-contained version.

I still wonder how the single-part "foam in a can" works compared to the
2-part stuff.

The foam-in-a-can seems to need exposure to ambient air in order to
expand and cure, but the 2-part stuff doesn't.

I don't think I'm going to be able to source any 2-part foam locally.
The best shot seems to be a hobby or marine products store. *I don't
think any of the big-box home improvement stores have this stuff.

I'll probably have to modify my setup so that I can spray the
foam-in-a-can with full exposure to ambient air.

The other two links I posted gave experiences about using canned foam
sprayed into bags.
I have no direct experience but it seemed like the links were
applicable esp the Yamaha one.'

cheers
Bob