Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default Generac- cranking error?

On Sep 11, 12:35*pm, Fiona Glenanne fiona@c4babes wrote:
On 9/11/2011 11:00 AM, Hustlin' Hank wrote:

The factory suggests the 2 hour run time so that everything is warmed
up and don't draw moisture in the windings, exhaust and other parts.

Hank~~~ not smarter than factory engineers

FWIW, my 14Kw Generac generator has a 12 minute test/run cycle per
week...and I think its only at half throttle or so. The battery is on
the built-in maintenance charger and is kept charged by utility power.

I said 2 hours because that is what my manual for the Gnerator in my
motorhome says. Stationary units may differ and probably do depending
in size, type and such.

Personally I think 2 hours is too long and 14 minutes isn't enough. 30
minutes seems about right. :-)

Hank