Jerry Gilreath

Default Panel Sled

I'd like to see that one myself. I only have the one for straight panels.

--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
Homer Simpson
"Leon" wrote in message
m...

"Creamy Goodness" creamy at agbf1942 dot com wrote in message
news:a4210$403e27df$41a9ca42$12293@allthenewsgroup s.com...
So I'm finally (I know, don't kill me) building my first panel sled

after
7
years of wwing. I've found different plans on the web thanks to all of

you,
and I've settled on a design for 2 sleds, one straight and one with a

mitre.
I have a few questions though if ya don't mind.

1. Does it make sense to have 2 different sleds, one for large panels

and
the other for smaller stuff? Idea being I'd like to have something

really
large for helping with sheet goods. Not insanely large mind you.

ABSOLUTELY... One day you may want to cut compound miters. You will need

sled opposite side of the blade tilt. I use 2 all the time.

2. If I make a large panel sled, is there anything I can do to the

bottom
of the sled to make it slide easily on the TS?

If you sled is good and flat and you guide bar is straight, it should

slide
easily but you can a coat of TopCote to the bottom of the sled and the top
of the saw.

Can you read AutoCAD drawings? DWG format. If so I can e-mail you BASIC
plans to a sled that will cut miters. I have not built the sled and feel
that it has its limitations but you could probably get some good ideas

from
the drawing.