Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Speaking of urinals. Short question follows long explanation.

willshak wrote:
You can skip the long explanation and go directly to the short
question by scrolling down to the line of asterisks, but the explanation
is
needed to explain why it can't be done economically any other way.

My office in is a mostly underground 1/2 basement. It does have the
usual basement windows (5 of the 30" x 18" hopper type in two concrete
walls) and a bilco door to the outside rear of the house.
The other half of my house's footprint is on a ground level slab.
I have both a septic tank and an underground dry well (grey water tank
for sinks, showers, clothes washer, dishwasher, and water softener
discharge).
The pipe for the septic tank is on the far end of the house under the
concrete slab. The pipe and cleanout for the dry well is just to the
right of me here in the basement.
When the house was built, a separate drain pipe for the bathroom sinks
and showers on the far end of the house was run under the slab for the
dry well on the opposite end of the house (just outside my basement
office). I have no water facilities in my basement at the moment, not
because I can't have water or dry well access, but because I just
haven't installed it yet. I've only lived here since 1984. :-)
I intend to install a utility sink near the dry well clean out.
Along with a drain pump like the Sanishower to pump the drainwater up
above the drywell cleanout (about 4 feet off the floor). I can run hot
and cold water from the water heater utility room that is about 10'
away from the dry well pipe and cleanout. I have a dropped ceiling in
the basement so I can run pex from the water heater room to the
utility sink over the ceiling panels.

Now that you have all the above information, and I hope I wrote it
intelligently enough for you to grasp the situation, here is the
second set of facts and the question.
I am 73 years old and have a severe prostate problem. I may have to
urinate 10 or more times a day. As it is now, I have to go up a flight
of stairs to the ground floor, and then to the opposite of the house
to urinate.

What would be the problem if I installed a urinal next to the future
utility sink and pump drained that along with the utility sink into
the drywell? I understand that urine is sterile and contains nitrogen
and other chemicals that are probably less toxic than some of the
chemicals that run through the grey water drains.
P.S. I am being polite here. I could just as easily urinate into the
utility sink without having a urinal.

By the way, I did google the question but found nothing about this.

I'd pee in the sink. Nothing like having a client conference in a toilet.