Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Where to get shelf hooks like this?

SamTakoy wrote:
Hi,

I have a set of shelves hanging from the joists in the basement (from
a previous owner). They are simple wooden shelves resting on the
metal supports that you can see he

http://freeboundaries.com/hooks.jpg

I can't seem to find these metal pieces anywhere. If someone
recognizes them, perhaps they could let me know where to buy them (or
at least what they are called).

Many thanks in advance,

Try http://quickshelf.com/

Here's how I found 'em:
1. Did a Google search for shelf hangers,
2. Switched to "Images",
3. Found a picture resembling yours,
4. Right-clicked on the picture, and looked at the "Properties" line,
5. This provided the URL of the picture, imbedded in which was the name of
the website.

8" deep are $3.00 a pair, 24" are $5.80 a pair. In-between sizes have
in-between prices.

Best of luck.

Aside:
I'll bet with a sturdy board (say, 2x12) and a couple of metal studs driven
in the board (say, 1/2" apart) you could take something a bit heavier than
coat-hanger wire and bend up your own. Be an interesting (and possibly
rewarding) project.