Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default [OT] Roofing Sheet Metal

Leon Fisk wrote:

(...)

Yah, I knew you were referring to the 'whole house' fan. Just thought I
would describe what I've been seeing in all the roof vents I've
inspected for sale at the local borgs. Kind of a word of warning and
suspicion that the idea/technique is used in other, similar products...
Our soffit vents are just window screen stapled over a rectangular
hole. The soffit stuff they sell today looks pretty poor for blocking
insects too.

We are blessed in my part of the country.
No weather and very few troublesome insects.
The wider mesh suits this area really well.

(...)

I haven't done the math, but off the top-of-my-head I'm looking at
3000-5000 lbs of debris in the tear-off. I like your way of thinking
though ;-)

--And a set of pulverizing grinders in the funnel to
keep the funnel from clogging.
I can over-complicate *anything*.

--Winston