Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Speaking of urinals. Short question follows long explanation.

Ed Pawlowski wrote the following:

"willshak" wrote

What would be the problem if I installed a urinal next to the future
utility sink and pump drained that along with the utility sink into
the drywell? I understand that urine is sterile and contains nitrogen
and other chemicals that are probably less toxic than some of the
chemicals that run through the grey water drains.
P.S. I am being polite here. I could just as easily urinate into the
utility sink without having a urinal.

By the way, I did google the question but found nothing about this.

I don't know the answer, but I'd take a different route. Instead of a
urinal, I'd install an ejector toilet and take care of anyone's toilet
needs.

The Sanishower I mentioned is an ejector system. It can pump liquid up
to 10 feet high. My question was if I should drain the urinal contents
(#1) into a dry well, nothing more.
The SaniFlo company also makes a macerator pump that will pulverize
solids (#2), but I don't have to make that many trips to the bathroom
daily and I wouldn't want to pump solids into the dry well.
http://www.saniflo.com/products/inde...ng/en/type/all

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY