Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lathe conversion, mostly Iggy, but all

Ignoramus13208 fired this volley in
:

Lloyd, this will work just fine. It is a known approach. If your DRO
is absolute, you can also avoid homing.

The scales are not absolute, but do have a built-in home index, so switches
(or choppers) would not be required except to provide an over-limit panic
stop. The fact that the index is built into the scale would, I think,
further improve repeatablilty of homing. I've seen home switches go
"wonky" over time, and choppers can get dirty, and not repeat the same home
position twice in a row.

LLoyd