Posted to alt.home.repair
bill jensen bill jensen is offline

Default Removing red chalk lines from concrete

On 9/9/2011 7:17 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 18:21:34 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Sep 9, 5:49 pm, bill wrote:
wow! Is there anything that will remove it? I've tried bleach,
cleanser and even Goof-off with no luck. I think a wire wheel may do
it, but it's a broom finish and i don't want to knock that off and leave
smooth area. fyi, the slab is just 3 days new so I've been holding off
on acids.

Any ideas appreciated.

Do you mean chalk...... like chalkline chalk?

If so, ignore it. It will wear off in time.
I believe there is a high potential for doing permanent damage to your
"green slab", let it cure.

cheers
Bob

He already did permanent damage by putting bleach on 3 day old
concrete. The surface will probably deteriorate and flake off where
the bleach was used.

The best solution at this point would be to rip it up and pour new
concrete.

This is proof how amateurs can destroy something in seconds by doing
something stupid. That chalk was hurting nothing and would have
vanished in a short time just from rain and normal use. Now the whole
job is ruined permanently. Even if the surface does not crack off,
that bleach will show up years from now when the chalk was only a
memory.

I tried it in a small inconspicuous spot and rinsed it well. If there
is some damage how long before it shows?