Posted to alt.home.repair
Abol Abol is offline

Default What parts of a pool motor need replacement?

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 02:01:06 -0400, wrote:

If you don't have the real bearing installer tool use a 5/8" washer
under the pipe

I'm not worried about buying the right tools. They're inexpensive enough,
and they will easily pay for themselves on the first motor rebuild.

Right now, with that FANTASTIC bearing site you referenced, I'm trying to
cross reference my bearings to their part numbers.

Mine a
- Sta-Rite Maxi-GlassII pump with the 1.0 HP x 1.65HP motor (QC1102), Y48
square flange.
- Here is a rough desciption (it says "double sealed ball bearings",
whatever that means):
http://www.drillspot.com/products/80...ool_Pump_Motor
- Here is an exploded diagram
http://www.aqua-man.com/schematic.asp?kc=S1466&s=full

What I'm looking for is a way to cross reference the bearings.