Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default The nuts are becoming dominant

On Fri, 09 Sep 2011 22:10:16 -0500, Jim Yanik
wrote:

I have made a few OT posts myself,but usually in response to some comment
the OP or a responder has included in their on-topic posts.
Some of them get way out of hand.

I used to worry about such things as off-topic postings. Then, I
noticed that not one thread, or any reasonable length (about 10
followups) has ever stayed completely on topic. In another newsgroup,
I even went on a search for a long thread, that stayed on topic. Even
the moderated groups didn't have any on-topic threads. So, I gave up
and became part of the problem, where I'm probably the worst offender
in the arcane art of topic drifting.

I do agree that it's interesting to know the politics of those who
regularly post in a oft-visited NG.

I'm not so sure. I had the greatest respect for some usenet
luminaries, until I met them in person. It's difficult to get a good
picture of even regular posters.

but there are a lot of trolls who just drop in to seek attention,and
crossposters spamming for "jollies",to **** off a greater pool of people.

No picnic is complete without the ants, bees, bugs, and slimy things
that crawl into the food. For usenet, I would rather deal with the
pollution, than live with the draconian measures traditionally applied
by usenet policemen.

No need to keep feeding them and bringing them back for more attention.

Feed the pigeons and what do you get? More pigeons.

Sigh. I guess I'll have to add myself to my kill file.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS