Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default The nuts are becoming dominant

"Arfa Daily" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
4...
"Arfa Daily" wrote in
:

"Charles" wrote in message
Poor signal to noise ratio, lately. Sad to see as this usenet
group has (had?) a lot to offer.

So filter the nuts out. It ain't rocket science ...

Arfa

It can get pretty tiresome,though.
FAR too many off-topic posts,and many that go on for too long.

My score and kill files are both pretty large.
Of course,some of that are the same idiots with different nyms/sigs.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Actually though Jim, some of the OT threads are quite entertaining,
and I tend to see them as a bunch of like-minded people having a bit
of a rabbit over a few pints down the local pub. I've never really
seen usenet groups as needing to be 'strict' in that respect. Some can
get a bit long though, as you say ...

Arfa

I have made a few OT posts myself,but usually in response to some comment
the OP or a responder has included in their on-topic posts.
Some of them get way out of hand.
I do agree that it's interesting to know the politics of those who
regularly post in a oft-visited NG.

but there are a lot of trolls who just drop in to seek attention,and
crossposters spamming for "jollies",to **** off a greater pool of people.

No need to keep feeding them and bringing them back for more attention.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik