Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default new "green" muriatic acid

Frank Foder wrote in news:d8449f41-ee0f-44ec-af4b-
:

Went to Lowes today to get the good stuff. They now have only "Klean-
Strip" brand muriatic acid, which has a bright green label that touts
it's environmental safety, and "low fumes". Of course, it doesn't list
the concentration. I figured it was diluted. Indeed, I see from the
web MSDS sheets that this stuff is "25%" HCl, while the normal stuff
is 30%. Grainger seems to sell their own "Green Envy" stuff that's a
pathetic 20%.

Environmental safety?? Yes, it may be low fumes, but it's also low
performance. For those who take deep breaths while bending over
muriatic acid, this is the stuff for you!

This, of course is the trend in all kinds of solvents and cleaners.
The solution to screwing the customer is dilution of the solution.

I has some **** paint thinner like that once. Looked just like skim milk
but I think skim milk would have worked better.