Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repairing hundreds of yards of black thin-walled half-inchirrigation tubing

On Sep 8, 2:25*pm, U vigilance wrote:
On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 11:33:46 -0700, Steve B wrote:
Snip off a 6" piece of it. *Take it to a supplier, and buy an adapter to
go from a garden hose to it, or better yet, get a T so you can go into
the line at any point. *Connect hose, adapter, and black line. *Turn on
hose. *See where water comes out, and repair accordingly.

I like this idea the best!

It allows both for temporary watering of the oleander bushes and for
debugging as to where the leaks lie.

The water pressure I have is tremendous. I don't know the pressure but it
shoots out from a hose about, oh, twenty feet or so (way more than most
garden hoses!).

So, I will ask OSH about the pressure reducers too!

Thanks!

I'd also focus on figuring out what it might be or might
have been connected to for water supply. Usually
irrigation systems like that are fed from the house, but
could be fed from somewhere else.

If the pipe is shot in many places, it may be easier to
have a new piece pulled by an irrigation company.
Depending on the soil, they usually don't trench it,
they just pull it with a tractor that makes a slit in the
ground. I've pulled 500 ft of it in 15 mins. And the
pipe is inexpensive.

Also, apparently you don't know if this has heads,
is drip, etc? That's another factor. Sounds like it
may be an amateur job because for that length of
run pro would typically be pulling 1" pipe.