Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Effect Of Short Power Outages On Home Generator (Kohler RES 12)

"Way Back Jack" wrote
I previously referred to a "grinding" sound but it would be more
accurately
called a "rapid clicking sound." My bad.

So, other than waiting for the generator tech who is swamped with work,
who
would be the next best person to fix the issue: electrician? auto
mechanic?

Thanks, Jack

Maybe yourself. Sounds like the starter solenoid want to kick in, but does
not have the juice. Rad my post about cleaning the connections. That is
step one. Then be sure the battery really is charged. If neither works, an
auto mechanic or small engine guy would be a good bet. My guess it is the
engine side, not the generator side, so any competent engine guy can get you
going.