Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Angelo Michael Angelo is offline

Default Effect Of Short Power Outages On Home Generator (Kohler RES 12)

"Way Back Jack" wrote in message ...
Thank you all for your replies.

I previously referred to a "grinding" sound but it would be more accurately
called a "rapid clicking sound." My bad.

So, other than waiting for the generator tech who is swamped with work, who
would be the next best person to fix the issue: electrician? auto
mechanic?

Thanks, Jack

Any decent small engine mechanic should be able to troubleshoot your starter circuit but......

If you really want someone who knows the Kohler CH740s motors, locate an Exmark commercial mower dealer in your area.
The Kohler twin cylinder motors are often used in them and the Exmark dealers tend to be top-notch.
They would also have any replacement parts you'd need.

You can find a dealer near you at www.exmark.com