Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default source of acetone

Don't use nailpolish remover. That's cellulose acetate these days,
not acetone.

No, the remover is acetone. The acetate is the nail polish.

There may be acetone in it, but not much.

I got tired of paying a quid a time for tiny 50ml. bottles from a
local chemist, because cleaning out the expanding foam from the
nozzle of a can of foam filler uses up most of the bottle.

So I tried nail polish remover. It didn't work. At all.

You can certainly buy acetone free nail varnish remover. That does not
mean acetone is not still used as nail varnish remover.

--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com