Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default scrapping an old pedal organ

In article ,
Jules Richardson writes:
On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 22:15:16 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 19:19:46 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson
wrote:

The cast frame inside is a beautiful piece of work though, so I'll keep
that and hang it on a wall somewhere.

Learn to play the heavy harp.

:-) I thought about leaving it 'harpable', but maybe it's better to back
the tension off when it's all open like that (although I'd leave the
strings on, I think). It came from a school and has obviously had a very
traumatic 100-odd years; I suppose I shouldn't assume that it's about to
self destruct, but maybe better safe than sorry!

The force on the frame when fully tensioned is up to 40 tons.

--
Andrew Gabriel