Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley[_2_] ransley[_2_] is offline

Default Should I expect this from all house painters?

On Sep 8, 8:54*am, " wrote:
I had the outside of my house painted. I hired a company that does
lots of different exterior work and is rated by lots of people as
practically perfect. *They didn’t do some things I think should have
been done. *What do you think?

They ignored spots where old paint was peeling and simply painted over
them instead of sanding first.

They left window panes dirty with streaks and handprints after
scraping paint from them (the windows were cleaned before the painters
arrived).

You know how you paint in a gap between two pieces of wood that aren't
flush with one another by painting thicker than on the surface? They
didn't. *I think I read that this is a result of the invention of
paint sprayers – that in the days when you painted with a brush, you
were close enough to see things like this and take care of it.

They didn’t avoid walking on my plants over and over instead of
avoiding them, which was possible, albeit inconvenient.

Why did you pay them