Posted to alt.home.repair
Tegger[_3_] Tegger[_3_] is offline

Default Effect Of Short Power Outages On Home Generator (Kohler RES12)

Way Back Jack wrote in
:

The day that Irene came thru, I didn't lose grid power as such, but
did have a series of outages that lasted 2-3 seconds apiece.
Unfortunately, these were enough to kick on the generator, only to
stop a few seconds later when the grid returned. And so it was on,
off; on, off; on, off .....

So now the generator's broken. Battery won't even try to crank. All
I get is a grinding sound. Battery charger still shows a green light,
so I assume that a connection(s) has come loose or some sort of fuse
blew.

Try charging the battery. Just like with a car battery, that extended on-
off-on-off cycle can drain the battery very quickly.

Have you used a multimeter to check the battery's voltage across the
battery terminals?

--
Tegger