Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Using diesel fuel in your homes oil burner/boiler

I havn't bought either (I'm near Rochester, NY) and don't
know the prices near you. I'm guessing that kero is
cheaper, but probably not by much. Here, I can get kero at
"gas" stations.

I'd expect them to burn the same. Or so close, you'd never
know. If they are close in price, I'd buy kerosene, as it's
cleaner.

Oh..... diesel is usually transported in yellow plastic
containers, and kerosene in blue (red for gas). If you have
the choice, please choose the color that matches.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Andrea Parga" wrote in message

Thanks Chris! Is kerosene cheaper than diesel? That would be
terrific!
Then again I wonder if kerosene would burn quicker since
it's a
thinner more clarified oil? Or does that even matter?