Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default What parts of a pool motor need replacement?

On 9/7/2011 10:04 AM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Then wouldn't a pump better sized to the pool be a better idea? What
determines the pump speed?

That does make sense, except that there could be times when you need
less filtering (cool weather, off-season, less debris, fewer pool
users), and times when you need more filtering (lots of leaves, heavy
usage, extremely hot weather).

But if you're pulling from several places, I'd think the skimmer would be less
effective, too. It's been 20 years since I had a pool, so there are obviously
things I've missed.

I don't think it would make all that much difference. Leaves would be
drawn to the skimmer more slowly, but they'd still get there eventually.