Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Using diesel fuel in your homes oil burner/boiler

On Sep 7, 10:27*am, Andrea Parga wrote:
On Sep 7, 10:16*am, "Stormin wrote:
You can usediesel, or you can use kerosene. Either will
work. Kerosene is usually cleaner. I've known people with
oil burners who use one or the other.

I hear you, about the price of delivery. Ouch!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Thanks Chris! Is kerosene cheaper than diesel? That would be terrific!
Then again I wonder if kerosene would burn quicker since it's a
thinner more clarified oil? Or does that even matter?

It's not cheaper.

You're far better off finding the means to build a buffer of fuel oil
and then start saving for the next fill up. Instead of waiting till
you are out and not having the money. In the end you are paying more
for the same thing. And if you have a tight budget that's not the
mindset that will ever get you out of the hole.