Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Panel saw plan or idea?

On 9/6/2011 11:59 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 22:36:55 -0400, Tom Gardnermars@tacks wrote:

I would really like to have a panel saw at home but they are costly.
Has anybody seen plans? I don't need fancy, just to straight cut 4x8s
of ply and such. The table saw method is unwieldy and I have some
projects that will use a lot of ply pieces. The first project is
cabinets along the long wall in the garage.

Several Wreckers have posted plans over the years. DAGS, while Google
still indexes the Wreck.

http://www.google.com/search?q=build+panel+saw 4.18 million hits.

Think you can find something, Tawm?

'Course, Leon, et al. will be along any time to sell ya the Dr. Fester
equivalent. Methinks they're onto something, too.

BUT, iffen yer as cheap^H^H^H^H^Hfrugal as I think you are, here are
plans for an 8' circ saw guide:
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/reviews/4283497

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King

I saw "Information Overload" from Google. I'm sure someone has already
weeded out non-contenders. Two schools of thought: Follow the path or
start from an unpolluted mind. Or, buy a used saw that falls into my
lap from Craig's List or such. (I guess that's three schools of thought...)