Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT Mega windfarm power question

On 9/6/2011 5:59 PM, wrote:
I must have been passing through Meadow Lake I, II, III and IV farms
looks like a total of 500 MW. It was really a head turner for many
miles there.

These are DC generators with a grid tie inverter like the solar
arrays. They clock right off the line they are feeding

I don't think so...from the other poster's link to the utility's site
under the "How Does A Wind Turbine Work?" heading it says (in part)--

"..The fast spinning shaft turns inside the generator, producing AC
(alternating current) electricity. Electricity must be produced at just
the right frequency and voltage to be compatible with the utility grid."