Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour[_2_] RicodJour[_2_] is offline

Default Repairing hundreds of yards of black thin-walled half-inchirrigation tubing

On Sep 6, 12:52*pm, eternal vigilance
wrote:
I have a very long line of rhododendron bushes which are hardy but are
starting to wilt.

I noticed the animals chewed right through the thin plastic in just a
couple of spots.

I can't for the life of me, find where the water comes from that feeds
this irrigation line (it has always been dry since I bought the place
from the bank, owner unknown to me).

To get a background on this thin piping, what is an accepted repair
procedure?

And, normally, how does it get it's water? I find no sprinkler electrical
box that feeds this line???

If it's always been dry while you've been there, and there are holes
in it, it's probably an abandoned line. The controller may have been
removed and the feed line reconfigured.

Repairing such things is problematic. The pipe is cheap enough that
running a new line would probably take less overall time and cost less
money than buying fittings and such. Might be an exaggeration, but
not a big one.

You won't know if you repaired all of the holes without locating,
patching, testing, locating...repeat a number of times. Digging a
100' trench one foot down in typical soil might take a couple or three
hours depending on who's doing the digging.