Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] oparr@hotmail.com is offline

Default Sieg mini-mill CNC conversion

On Sep 6, 12:03*pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:

*Is it just because they are such an inexpensive mill?

Possibly.

I do like your motor mounts and how you kept the manual operation.

Retaining full manual capability was a priority. Having to turn on
computer (or wake from standby), log in and run the CNC software just
to drill a hole or two makes no sense IMO. However, I'll have to get
used to the small handwheel for the Z-axis.

Do you
have an AC side switch so you can turn power off, move your machine, and
then turn power back on without frying your controller with back current?

I can either turn off the power supply or use a switch that connects/
disconnects power to the drives. Normally use the latter.